Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Letter to my Kids Dayhome

Hi Nicole.
Well it is almost that time for me to go back to work! While I am happy to be back, I am also sad to leave little Mina. (Abby I am not sad about, because she loves you already!) So when I drop her off, I am going to just drop them off and run away so that I do not cry in front of them. So I thought I'd send you an e mail of all the things I would normally tell you that morning, if I wasn't running off like that.
  • Naps: Mina usually takes 2 naps in the day. One around 9 am , for 1 - 2 hours, and another around 2:30, again for 1 - 2 hours. I put her down tired, but awake. Sometimes she does not cry at all, sometimes she cries for about 10 minutes. Please don't let her go longer than 15 minutes (though it rarely comes to that). If you vary the time to suit your schedule better, that is okay, that is just what works for her here at home. I have no idea how she will do with other kids in the room. Do you have a crib/playpen for her?
  • Food: Mina is still nursing, but she can go the day without it. (we have done a few test runs). She does eat a variety of solid foods, so I know that she will not go hungry. She also drinks water from a sippy cup, but still needs help with it. Do you have a high chair? I will get a list of the foods she can eat for you. She still has not tried everything, so I would appreciate if you did not introduce new things to her. I can provide her food for you, if that would be easier or helpful. That is no problem at all, just let me know. Do you have a high chair?
  • Development: Mina can sit up, crawl, pull up to standing and walk along furniture. She can also crawl up (but not down) stairs and makes a bee line for them whenever she gets the chance. She knows the sign for "more". When she learns more signs, I will let you know.
  • Pets: So far Mina has been afraid of dogs. I am sure she will get used to Playful, but just so you know, the 3 she has met so far scare her...
  • Personality: Mina is a happy kid. She adores Abby. When she is tired she will pull her hair and turn her ankles in circles, and yawn, of course. She gets startled easily by loud sudden noises and cries. She likes to clap her hands and play peek a boo, and she really likes dolls, and banging 2 things together.
Please e mail or call me if you have any questions about her. I will e mail you if I think of anything else. You are probably think that I am acting like a neurotic mother. I can't help it...
Serinda


1 comment:

Eve said...

wow serinda, you really are nerotic!!! I sense a little OCD in the air :)