Thursday, July 05, 2007

Hot!!!

It is soooo hot here. It has been above 30 degrees all week and I am about to die. I hate the heat anyway, and this is just too much. We have been hiding in the basement all day, except for when we went to the air conditioned mall. We would have stayed there all day, but Mina needed her nap, and we ran out of loonies for the rides, and Abby kept on finding things that she just MUST have, like golden shoes, flip flops, a beaded purse, and a garden hoe. I was about to buy her the new camoing chair, but then she had a bit of a tantrum, so home to the oven we went. I was tired of saying NO. It makes me feel like a meanie. Did I mention how much I hate the heat? I would rather have 30 below zero, at least then I could warm up in the house. There is nothing I can do to cool down. Our window AC unit fell out of the window last summer and broke. That was a very sad sad day. Woe is me.

This weekend we are going camping! We are going to a lake with lots of trees, so it should be cooler than staying home would be. If it cools down we are going to go berry picking too. Also we need to try out the new tent we bought. I have a few new camping recipes we are excited to try too, like boil-a-bag omlettes and some kebabs. It will be nice to have a weekend away. I hope Mina does alright.

I have so many pics to post, of Abby's awesome birthday party and horse ride, but Keith is in the middle of building his new computer right now, and the photo stuff is not installed yet. I promise I will do a whole blog of pics as soon as I can.

No comments: