Thursday, August 14, 2014

Simple.

Our family just got home after a fun filled, while still relaxing holiday. We spent 2 days in Calgary, and got to visit 2 so-close-but-so-far-away sisters, and my dad. We had a fun time visiting and seeing the sights. We stayed in a hotel, which is always the highlight of any trip for my girls. The luggage carts, the lobby, the mini fridge, the ice machine down the hall. The pool, and of course, the elevator. Watching a great lightening storm from high up out of our window was pretty cool.we probably could have just stayed in the hotel the whole time, and the kids still would have had a blast. 

Then, we went to a little mountain town called Canmore. You know you are having a good time when you spend your down time on MLS looking at local housing availability! We stayed in a 2 bedroom condo. And I must say, having the amenities of home when you are on vacation is such a welcome luxury. We had a full kitchen and in suite laundry, also a pool. This was great.

Anyway. The point of this post is that we lived simply. We had a small apartment, one suitcase each with clothes and toiletries, and one backpack of entertainment. Plus pool noodles. Of course. And I was so happy. It was so inspiring to know that I can live, very happily, with much, much less. Less clothes, less food, less yard, less dishes, less toys, less house, less STUFF. 

I have also been inspired by our CSA weekly veggie baskets, and Keith's newfound desire to have a garden. We can grow our own food and buy less stuff! 

I want to have less. I'm not sure how to do this, but I am going to start buy not buying stuff. I think next will be to get rid of stuff. Here is a look at the random stuff that surrounds and suffocates me. 
This is just one room full of random stuff that takes my time and attention. There are many more just like it. 

So there you have it. Less stuff. That's what I'm going for. If I tell you I am headed to walmart, please stop me. 


1 comment:

Betina said...

Less stuff. I have been thinking about this a lot as well. Stuff is overwhelming. I am already dreading xmas.

Happy your holiday was a good one.